Foodborne pathogen (Listeria and Salmonella) testing can be a challenging procedure for some methodologies due to the vast array of food types that require testing to ensure safety for the consumer. Herbs, spices, flavorings, confectionary and other low moisture content foods often present some of the biggest challenges to producing a reliable and effective pathogen detection test. Testing these food types often necessitates an adjustment to standard protocols that costs a laboratory time and expense as well as adding to their waste.
The Solus Pathogen Detection System is a combination of various time to result solutions ranging from 24 to 48 hours. The portfolio includes Listeria spp, Listeria Monocytogenes, Salmonella and E.coli O157. Each assay is accompanied with various external validations such as AFNOR and AOAC. Additionally, we have performed vigorous internal testing to meet the needs of our customers on specific matrices to ensure the consumer is safe of deadly organisms.
Key learning Points
- Why we obtained AOAC OMA Validation for Solus One Salmonella
- How can Solus ELISAs detect challenging matrices such as herbs, spices, cocoa and confectionary products.
- Ins and Outs of our extensive internal studies
- What differentiates Solus Pathogen Detection system from the competition
- Tying it all together with the Automated Capabilities