Thermal characterization of polymers is a fundamental analytical tool used for the analysis of intrinsic material properties, failure analysis, and competitive analysis. In this webinar, we will take an in-depth look at Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) techniques, and discuss their applications in the polymer world. The content is well-suited to introduce scientists, engineers, and other professionals to basic principles, terminology, and advances in polymer characterization with DSC and TGA characterization in the industry.
Key Issues Addressed:
- Why is measuring the glass transition important?
- How to measure crystallinity, kinetics and oxidative stability with DSC?
- When should I consider using UV-DSC?
- What is Fast Scan DSC?
- How can the TGA be used to reverse engineer a product?
- How to make TGA smarter – Auto Stepwise and Variable Rate Heating methods