Whether you’re moving down the hall or across the world, we offer a complete suite of lab relocation services for regulated and non-regulated facilities. We provide planning, moving, and post-move services to make your lab relocation as smooth as possible.
Pre-move: Laboratory Preparation
There is more to moving a laboratory than the move itself. Preparation for a laboratory move is crucial for successful lab relocation. OneSource® provides several pre-move services to help you prepare for moving day.
- Creation of an equipment database including existing assets and items on order
- Creation of a realistic lab move schedule
- Site assessment
- Assessment of special transportation documentation requirements for cross-border lab moves
- Assessment of compliance documentation needs:
- Related to post-installation qualification, verification, and validation
- Non-move related gaps as part of regulatory compliance in general
We take the pain out of moving day. From pre-shipment preparation to safe transportation of instruments, we handle it all.
- Initiating instrument tracking process
- Pre-shipment preparation of lab equipment before dismantling, such as instrument decontamination, purging and "parking" of moveable mechanical parts, as required
- Individual de-commissioning, packing, tagging, and re-commissioning of instrument systems
- Overseeing and assuring the proper handling of Hazmat wastes, chemicals, laboratory samples, etc.
- Packing lab ware, accessories, and laboratory equipment spare parts
- Management and coordination of all sub-contractors
- Safe transportation of instruments
Once in your new laboratory, OneSource service experts unpack, re-assemble, and re-install each system, carefully following the project plan, to duplicate the installation at the former location (or reconfigure the installation, based on the move plan).
- Unpacking and installing laboratory equipment at the new location
- Testing functionality of each laboratory instrument at its new location
- Preventive maintenance as needed
- Calibration, as needed, of instruments
- IQ OQ PQ qualification / validation and documentation, as needed (Learn more - Regulatory Compliance)
- Delivery of samples to each department and lab
- Provide a single, expert project manager for the entire relocation process
- Minimize disruption of laboratory productivity and ensure timely resumption of full operations
- Guarantee instrument, materials, and sample protection
- Safeguard compliance status, including full instrument qualification and validation