Features & Benefits
The 307 Sample Oxidizer is an automatic preparation and oxidization system for both single and dual radiolabeled samples containing 3H and/or 14C for use in liquid scintillation counting. The 307 Sample Oxidizer ensures reliable combustion of biological, environmental and industrial samples. This system includes the following standard features and benefits:
- Single "push button" operation initiates automatic cycle, positioning of vials and ignition basket, non-catalytic combustion, dispensing of scintillation cocktails and carbon dioxide trapping agent, and system cleaning.
- Physical separation of 3H and 14C radionuclides from dual labeled sample material for ease of sample analysis.
- Minimizes optical and chemical quenching. Reduces chemiluminescence in most sample preparations, increases statistical accuracy of liquid scintillation counting results. Eliminates self-absorption.
- Observation of combustion allows for visual inspection during sample burn.
- Complete combustion of liquid, wet or dry sample eliminates the need for chemical solubilization.
- Ensures maximum radionuclide recovery for 14C with sample size equivalent up to 40 millimoles of carbon dioxide and up to 85 millimoles of water for samples containing 3H (up to 1.5 grams).
- Radionuclide recovery for both 3H and 14C of >97% maximizes radionuclide separation for single label analysis using liquid scintillation counting techniques and an efficiency quench correlation curve for each radionuclide.
- Radionuclide memory of less than 0.08% for most 3H and 14C labeled sample materials.
- Non-catalytic combustion eliminates catalyst usage, cost and replacement.
- Accommodates 20 mL glass or low cost polyethylene vials.
- Capacity to process up to 60 samples per hour for each radionuclide.
- Unique design bellows-type reagent metering pumps.
- Pumps adjustable from 0 to 18 milliliters, automatically dispense accurate volumes of both 3H and 14C scintillation cocktails and carbon dioxide trapping agent.
- Long life, removable platinum ignition basket.
- Non-pressurized reagent storage tank capacity of five liters for each reagent allows up to 500 sample combustions between refills.
- Ambient temperature trapping of water and carbon dioxide provides safe and clean operation.
- Accessory kit with spare parts; included are additional O-rings, glass combustion flask, wrench, seals, and assorted small parts.
- A pressurized five liter, distilled water reservoir is provided for the automatic cleaning, steam injection, and pre-coating of the 3H exchange column.
- The distilled water reservoir has a vent valve for depressurizing the tank when the system is turned off, or when checking the distilled water level with the dipstick.
- The system has built-in pressure regulators and filters for nitrogen, oxygen, and water.
- A specially constructed reaction column eliminates loss of carbon dioxide absorber.
- A "reset button" to reset the combustion timer prior to "restart" of the program while the sample is still burning.
- "Override" button to cut off excessive combustion time after combustion has been completed.
- A "backpressure" indication gauge to monitor pressure in the trapping device during combustion.
- A "Test/Run" toggle valve. In the "Test" mode the entire system will be checked for leak tightness. Normal operation is in the "Run" mode.