The system comes with two excitation laser channels and is useful for a range of applications.
FMT for Fluoresence Tomography: 3 Steps to Generate Fluoresence Tomographic Data in vivo Quick to learn. Fast to image. Easy to quantify.
STEP 1: FMT Data Generation
- Transillumination: FMT transillumination of animal using powerful 80 mW lasers
- Creating Baseline Absorption Profiles: Baseline absorption profiles of each mouse's biological composition are measured by a laser-light raster scan. Paired absorption and fluorescence data maps generated from 10,000 - 100,000 source detector laser projections.
- FMT laser-driven transillumination generates paired absorption and fluorescence data maps throughout the animal. The anesthetized mouse is comfortably placed in PerkinElmer's portable Animal Imaging Cassette. Imaging sessions are rapid (2-3 minutes per animal), animal handling is simple and the mouse remains stable and immobilized for consistent, repetitive imaging results
STEP 2: FMT Normalization
- Normalized fluorescence measurements generated by processing all paired absorption and fluorescence acquisition data.
- FMT minimizes the distorting effects of in vivo tissue heterogeneity, taking into account surface boundaries, tissue spectral characteristics and wave-guiding effects to correct and normalize each fluorescent measurement.
- Data normalized by FMT algorithmic models of photon transport in tissue.
- Insert the Animal Imaging Cassette into the FMT 2500. Easily position the anesthetized animal in the Imaging Cassette within the heated imaging chamber. Gas anesthesia is maintained.
STEP 3: FMT Reconstruction
Whatever your needs, PerkinElmer has a quantitative FMT platform to provide deeper insights to your biological questions. Select the FMT 1500 for quantitative imaging in individual laboratories, in smaller facilities or for single applications. The 4-channel FMT 2500 LX is available for laboratories requiring a broader range of applications and extensive multi-modality capabilities.
- Fluorescence quantified to the picomole at each point in the subject including deep tissue targets
- Fluorescence measurements calculated throughout the user-selected regions of Interest (ROI)
- Data provided in universal formats for analysis (including DICOM), database building, and decision-making
- Easily create animated movies including dynamic presentation of quantification data for presentation
- Data and images easily exported for multi-modality image fusion
- Quantification is performed on all animals at any depth with equal accuracy and without the need for an artificial image atlas for referential quantification.