Continuous process monitoring helps users to increase efficiency and reduce scrap and re-work while improving product consistency and quality. The instrument performs simultaneous measurement of parameters such as moisture, fat, sugars, protein, starch, fiber and many others. The core diode array technology provides many benefits including durability, stability, accurate measurement of moving products and the ability to track process changes.
Features and Benefits
- Real-time measurements - Monitor, adjust, and optimize your production processes in real-time to save costs, increase yield and improve product consistency.
- Industry 4.0 Ready - Web based software for easy operation and maintenance.
- Integrated camera gives production insights - Camera applications are available for color measurements and image analysis for speck counting. Display snap-shots of the production at your operator station.
- Rugged design to suit production environments - The instrument is designed for the harsh environments of production facilities. It has IP65 ingress protection as well as ATEX and IECEx classifications for installations in potentially explosive environments. It uses diode array based technology which is solid state and resistant to vibrations.
- Flexible communication for easy integration - Industry standard, open communications protocols enable fast and simple information integration with existing plant systems.
- Measure granules, pellets, powders, pastes, syrups, flakes, liquids and more. The most commonly measured parameters are moisture, protein, ash, fat/oil, fiber and starch.
- Many options are available for mounting - all designed for specific uses and products. The DA 7300 can be mounted on pipes, hoppers, conveyors, mixers, at the entrances of a product, at its outputs, before or after dryers, before packaging or at other critical points in the process.
- The DA 7300 is installed and used at many agri & food production sites worldwide. These are a few examples of its applications.
- Flour Milling - Maximize flour extraction through accurate real-time ash measurements. Blend wheat and flour streams to reach target specifi cation. Optimize gluten addition.
- Starch Production and Corn Milling - Cost and energy savings by monitoring and controlling the dryer, constant product quality and higher output by protein control loops and avoiding quality giveaways.
- Oilseed Processing - Measure moisture, protein and oil in grain for pricing and binning. Monitor and optimize extraction and drying. Control moisture & fat in mixer. Higher productivity by increasing yield and avoiding faulty batches and rework. Control moisture loss in cooling and additions of molasses/oil.
- Dairy Processing - Reduce energy costs when spray drying milk powder by monitoring product moisture in real-time. Minimize grade change-over time and reduce waste; monitor black particles. Optimize the fat /moisture content of butter. The DA 7300 is USDA approved for installation in dairy processing plants.
Great importance is placed on connectivity capabilities to existing plant control systems. We support many interfaces including: Fieldbus, Profibus DP, Profinet, Modbus TCP/IP, OPC to PLC (Siemens, Schneider Electric etc.) and more.