Sensitive SARS-CoV-2 Monitoring of Wastewater
Screening of wastewater for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 has the potential to become an attractive tool for COVID-19 management. Screening wastewater for SARS-CoV-2 is being examined as a regional tool for the analysis of:
- Snapshots – an early warning system identifying if the coronavirus has reached an area
- Trends – an increase or decrease in infected people determined by measuring viral loads
- Hotspots – identification of infection hotspots where resources should be focused
- Prevalence – get a broad understanding of the number of infected people in the area
PerkinElmer’s JANUS® G3 workstations for the automation of primary sample transfer, nucleic acid isolation setup, and PCR setup, is a key component of the wastewater-based workflow. PerkinElmer can help your lab set up a flexible workflow for the biosurveillance of coronavirus in wastewater.
The PerkinElmer® SARS-CoV-2 Nucleic Acid Detection kit (RUO) combines high sensitivity with inhibition monitoring controls to deliver an optimized solution for wastewater-based epidemiology. PerkinElmer’s modular, scalable, and validated SARS-CoV-2 detection workflow enables prediction of community outbreaks by regional sewage treatment facilities.
- Sensitivity: Low limit of detection delivers sensitive SARS-CoV-2 detection
- Accuracy: Full process control including exogenous internal control
- Specificity: Detection of SARS-CoV-2 ORF1ab and N genes
- Flexibility: Available automation delivers throughput flexibility
- Automation Delivering Throughput Flexibility