Every Day, We Make an Impact.
PerkinElmer is a global, 3.8 billion (US$) company committed to innovating for a healthier world. We create the instruments, tests, software and services used by scientists, researchers and clinicians to address the most critical challenges across science and healthcare.
We strategically partner with customers to enable earlier, more accurate insights, supported by deep market knowledge and technical expertise. Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees is passionate about helping them work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life and sustain the wellbeing of people worldwide.
Through our comprehensive portfolio, we serve four market segments to help customers:
- Accelerate detection of rare diseases, autoimmune disorders, allergies and infectious diseases like COVID-19, Lyme disease and tuberculosis
- Test expectant mothers for pregnancy-related health risks and fetal abnormalities
- Screen newborn babies for genetic mutations that are associated with life-threatening disorders
- Drive a better understanding of the mechanisms behind diseases and viruses such as COVID-19, cancer, Alzheimer’s and heart disease leveraging powerful imaging and detection solutions
- Accelerate new and better drug discovery by helping scientists make more informed decisions earlier in the process and automating research and data integration from genes to cells
- Help streamline drug development by turning data into actionable insights, upping productivity on the way to commercialization and ensuring compliance and validation needs are met
- Detect ingredient adulteration, test for food borne pathogens and analyze content attributes to support the safety and quality of the global food chain… from dairy, meats/poultry and seafood to produce, oils and spices
- Identify mycotoxins in grains and feeds to help meet regulations and protect consumers
- Analyze cannabis and hemp – plants to products – for pesticide levels, harmful residues and impurities as well as potency levels for truth in labeling
- Detect dangerous pollutants and contaminants in the water we drink and air we breathe
- Quantify concentrations of heavy metals and other toxic elements in our soil and water
- Support research focused on the detection, impact and regulation of contaminants of emerging concern such as microplastics, PFAS and PPCPs
- Help ensure the quality of materials and products for solar energy and e-cars, semiconductors, biofuels, petrochemicals and polymers while also aiding in recycling analysis for plastics and electronic waste
Together, we are making a difference for the better.
In 2020, PerkinElmer aided more than 1,000 new diagnostics customers in their efforts to combat the pandemic, shipping more than 25 million COVID-19 PCR tests and 75 million nucleic acid kits.
Last year, 135 million PerkinElmer tests were used to screen babies in over 90 countries for various disorders – saving the lives of around 70 babies each day on average.
To date, more than 702 million babies have been tested for life-threatening diseases using PerkinElmer’s newborn screening tools.
220 million tons of wheat are analyzed for quality each year by PerkinElmer instruments. Our technologies can also detect food fraud in under 30 seconds.
PerkinElmer instruments test 289 billion gallons of water annually, to provide safe drinking water for more than 1 billion people, and help reduce 8 million metric tons of plastic waste from our oceans.
PerkinElmer’s EUROIMMUN business developed a comprehensive SARS-CoV-2-specific product portfolio that includes detection of antibodies of the classes IgG, IgA, IgM.
Around the world today, more than 2 million scientists are using PerkinElmer’s laboratory software to store and analyze research data and collaborate on experiments.
PerkinElmer technologies have contributed to the development of 22 novel therapeutic drugs.
940 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451 U.S.