The need for pathogen detection has grown rapidly in recent years and requires fast, sensitive, and accurate solutions. Molecular diagnostics or nucleic acid-based detection provides the advantage of detecting microorganisms at low concentrations in persons who are both symptomatic and asymptomatic, with results in hours.
The PerkinElmer chemagic™ nucleic acid purification technology was highly employed during the Coronavirus pandemic to support PCR testing. It has proven to be a reliable solution, enabling high throughput testing with ultrafast extraction protocols (18 min). Our chemagic pathogen nucleic acid isolation kits and instruments carry out DNA/RNA extraction from pathogens including viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms from blood, serum, plasma, respiratory samples (swabs, aspirates BAL) and urine and urogenital swabs with the following advantages:
- Highly efficient extractions resulting in high yields which improve detection
- Suitable for high-throughput laboratory automation
- Covers a wide range of sample types - respiratory samples 1 - 3, blood-derived samples 4, 5 enteric samples 6, 7 and well as a host of other body fluids and tissues 8, 9.
- Applicable to various downstream applications, such as Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) including metagenomic sequencing, quantitative and digital PCR, hybridization, and many more.
- MacKay, M.J., Hooker, A.C., Afshinnekoo, E. et al. The COVID-19 XPRIZE and the need for scalable, fast, and widespread testing. Nat Biotechnol (2020).
- FDA, “SARS-CoV-2 Reference Panel Comparative Data” (15th September, 2020).
- Ludwig, K.U. et al. LAMP-Seq enables sensitive, multiplexed COVID-19 diagnostics using molecular barcoding. Nat Biotech (2021).
- Siedner, M.J., Moorhouse, M.A., Simmons, B. et al. Reduced efficacy of HIV-1 integrase inhibitors in patients with drug resistance mutations in reverse transcriptase. Nat Commun (2020).
- Kleines, M., Schellenberg, K., Ritter, K. Efficient Extraction of Viral DNA and Viral RNA by the Chemagic Viral DNA/RNA Kit Allows Sensitive Detection of Cytomegalovirus, Hepatitis B Virus, and Hepatitis G Virus by PCR. J. Clin. Micribiol. (2003).
- Bliss, J. et al. High Prevalence of Shigella or Enteroinvasive Escherichia coli Carriage among Residents of an Internally Displaced Persons Camp in South Sudan. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. (2018).
- Lefèvre, A.C. et al. The Clinical Value of Measuring Circulating HPV DNA during Chemo-Radiotherapy in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anus. Cancers. (2021).
- Tang, Y. et al. An Isothermal, Multiplex Amplification Assay for Detection and Genotyping of Human Papillomaviruses in Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded Tissues. J. Mol. Diagnost. (2020).
- Rajeevan, M.S. et al. NanoString Technology for Human Papillomavirus Typing. Viruses. (2021).
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.