Software Version: LabChip GX Reviewer V5.5 Patch
This file provides information about LabChip GX Reviewer software. Please read this information carefully as it supersedes all printed material or Online Help.
The LabChip GX Reviewer software analyzes data files generated by LabChip GX/GXII instruments and LabChip GX Touch/GXII Touch instruments. The LabChip GX Reviewer software is used to analyze and compare data in the form of gels or graphs across different wells from the same or different LabChip GX Touch data files. The software can also compare data with similar characteristics by applying filters. Results can be exported to graphic files or .csv (comma separated values) files. The LabChip GX Reviewer software does not run LabChip instruments.
GX Reviewer software is compatible with the following Windows Operating
Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) and Windows® 10 (32-bit or 64-bit), U.S. English, Professional Full Version
Minimum RAM: 1Gb (2Gb recommended)
To install the LabChip GX Reviewer software, you must be logged into the computer as a Windows Administrator.
To run the LabChip GX Reviewer software, the user must be an Administrator or Standard User.
To install or upgrade the LabChip GX Reviewer software on Windows 7 or higher:
1. Close all open programs.
2. Right-click LabChip GX Reviewer.exe and select Run as Administrator.
3. If upgrading the software, click OK to uninstall the previous version.
4. Follow the instructions in the InstallShield wizard.
· If installing or upgrading to GX Reviewer V5.5 on a Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit system with a 32-bit version of Office 2010, uninstall Office 2010 before installing GX Reviewer V5.5. After the 32-bit version of Office 2010 is uninstalled, install a 64-bit version of Office 2010, and then install GX Reviewer V5.5.
· If installing or upgrading to GX Reviewer V5.5 on a Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit system with Office 2010, a reboot prompt may display during installation. If this happens, reboot the system and restart GX Reviewer V5.5 installation after the reboot completes.
· It is recommended to install all Windows updates to your system before installing or upgrading to LabChip GX Reviewer V5.5.
To uninstall the LabChip GX Reviewer software:
1. From the Windows Start menu, select Control Panel.
2. Double click on Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
3. Select LabChip GX Reviewer from the list of installed programs.
4. Click on the Remove button to uninstall the LabChip GX Reviewer software.
· Patch to provide ProteinEXact customers only
· An option to print individual or interleaved well data has been added to the Print Tab. (LCF-6425)
· The LabChip GX Reviewer now supports HT ProteinEXact assays. (LCF-6426)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed and you are restoring the CDR folder and CFR database from a manual backup point, a pop-up window opens prompting you to make sure you are restoring to the software version that the back-up was taken. (LCF-6428)
· Added chip remaining samples in Run Info for Protein Clear assays. (LCF-6431)
· The default value of Dilution Correction for HT NGS 3K assay has been changed to “10.0”. (LCF-6435)
· Removed the Peak Property “Conc.” from the Egram & Overlay Egram properties when loading Protein Clear HR Data Files. (LCF-6417)
· The Protein QC assay has been replaced with the Protein Clear HR Assay. “% Purity must be in range for Calibration to pass” and “Dips must be eliminated for Calibration to pass” checkboxes have been added to the Advanced tab in the Assay Analysis Window. “Migration Time (sec) – Start” and “Migration Time (sec) – End” columns have been added to the Peak Table view in the Collection Pane. (LCF-6393)
· Replicate sets created in GX Reviewer 5.0 can be imported successfully into GX Reviewer 5.4 (LCF-6332).
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, the Electronic Signature failed attempt is now logged in Audit Trail log. (LCF-6357)
· If the GxP option is currently installed, the “GxP option” checkbox has been removed from the Installation Setup Wizard when upgrading the software. The upgraded GxP is automatically installed. (LCF-6359)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, an SQL Restore error may occur when performing a restore operation from a 32-Bit PC to a 64-Bit PC or from a 64-Bit PC to 32-Bit PC. (LCF-6392)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, a “Connection failed!” error may display when trying to map GX Reviewer to a server upgraded from V5.3 to V5.4. Current workaround is to manually install the Windows update “KB4016871” before mapping to the server. (LCF-6382)
· When the “Restore to Factory Defaults” button is clicked in the Layout Options Window, the “Migration Time (sec) – Start” and “Migration Time (sec) – End” columns in the Peak Table view are not restored. (LCF-6360)
· If upgrading LabChip GX Reviewer to V5.4 from V5.0 or V5.1, the “Print to PDF” function fails to print PDFs. Current workaround is to uninstall LabChip GX Reviewer, uninstall PDFCreator from the Control Panel, and then re-install both.
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, administrators now have the option of storing assays in the predefined ASSAY folder, or in a custom folder that they define. (LCF-6266)
· The LabChip GX Reviewer can now run on Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) and Windows® 10 (32-bit or 64-bit). (LCF-6325)
· The LabChip GX Reviewer now supports HT Protein QC assays. (LCF-6328)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, customized assays can now be imported into the CDR database. (LCF-6329)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, an option to automatically back up the CDR database is now available. (LCF-6330)
· Object error no longer displays when importing a LabChip GX Reviewer 5.0 workspace into LabChip GX Reviewer 5.3. (LCF-6331)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, an incorrectly titled dialog box opens after copying an .asyx file from one folder in the CDR to another. (LCF-6269)
· Unhandled exception may occur when selecting an option from the Plate List Right-Click Menu. Current workaround is to click the Continue button in the error dialog box, unselect all wells, and reselect the option from the Plate List Right-Click Menu. (LCF-6271)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed on a computer with Microsoft SQL Server installed without the network option, the CDR server may not function. Current workaround is to select another computer that does not have SQL server or that has SQL server installed with the network option. (LCF-6301)
· The fields on the Peak Table may not match the annotations above the Egram peaks. Current workaround is to add or remove a field to the Peak Table. (LCF-6305)
· Exports for runs containing multiple gel lanes creates misalignments and cropping in the image file. Current workaround is to export the selected gels into a single image file. (LCF-6313)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, customized assays (.asyx files) to be loaded into the CDR database must be located on the local computer, not on a network drive. Current workaround is to use Microsoft® Windows Explorer to load the .asyx file onto the local computer’s hard drive and import the .asyx file into the CDR database. (LCF-6317)
· Added option to select Smear as the Titer source to the Titer Tab for the quantification of new NGS assays. (LCF-6220)
· The LabChip GX Reviewer now supports HT DNA NGS 3K assays. (LCF-6221)
· The “Date_Time” property in the Well Table Columns now contains the start date and time of each well. New “Well Read Date” and “Well Read Time” properties contain the start date and the start time (respectively) of each well. The new well properties can be used to easily import the well start date and time into Excel. (LCF-6253)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, a typo no longer displays on the splash screen. (LCF-6173)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, CDR sync failure no longer occurs when users save assay files with names differing only by case using Assay Editor/Assay Export. (LCF-6209)
· When an operator imports a data file into the workspace and locks the application, Administrator can now edit and save the same data file after unlocking the application. (LCF-6210)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, the warning message "svn:Failed to add file" no longer displays and the import no longer fails when trying to load data files after remapping to old server. (LCF-6213)
· Non-administrator users can no longer perform backup and restore functions. (LCF-6218)
· Assays with Replicate Reports exported by LabChip GX Reviewer can now be opened by GX Touch. (LCF-6222)
· If the LabChip GxP option is installed, the warning message "svn:Failed to add file" no longer displays when trying to load data files after changing the computer name and remapping the Server. (LCF-6223)
· Assay files can now be overwritten instead of saving the file with a different name. (LCF-6224)
· Installation is interrupted when installing on a Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit system with a 32-bit version of Office 2010. (LCF-6251)
· Users can now control the order of the plates that display in the Plates View and List View. In the List View, drag and drop the plates up or down to achieve the desired plate order. (LCF-5991)
· Analysis now supports the modification of the measured concentration/molarity reported in the peak table by compensating for sample dilution. In the Analysis Settings Advanced tab, type the desired concentration/molarity into the Dilution Correction multiplier box. (LCF-6132)
· A new Replicate Report prints the selected replicates by name, statistical mean, standard deviation, coefficient of variance (cv) for chosen well property/properties, and any desired custom settings to provide statistics on properties of the Replicates. (LCF-6143)
· A simplified Merge Peak feature is now available in the Graph View. To enter Merge Peak mode, right-click on the graph and select Merge Peaks, or hold down the ALT key + Left Mouse button. (LCF-6163)
· A new Peak Minimum option extends the peak baseline to the bottom of the peak instead of starting and stopping where the signal slope crosses the slope threshold. In the Analysis Settings Advanced tab, select the Peak Minimum check box in the Peak Integration Mode box to set the peak minimum option. (LCF-6162)
· A new Export Plate Datafile option saves a copy of the plate data file (.gxd) without user specific names. Right-click on the plate name in the Plate view to the selected folder to open the “Export Plate as New Data File” dialog to set file name and destination folder; and remove sample names, comments, EP Table, EP Names, Smear Table, and Smear Names. (LCF-6137)
· An administrator user can now reconfigure an existing server with a new one. Click the Server Status button on the LabChip GX Reviewer Main Window to open the Map CDR/Database Server Window to type the new server location. (LCF-6120)
· Proper message now displays when printing the validation reports without network connection between Reviewer and Server. (LCF-6195)
· Version Change Details now logs information about Subtracted Peak Baselines and Subtracted Peak Extents when the analysis settings of Glycan data file are changed. (LCF-6191)
· Plate reordering is now working properly when "Sort by Well" option is selected in the List View. (LCF-6175)
· Corrected workflow when performing signature on a plate after restoring and saving the plate. (LCF-6160)
· Inflection Threshold limits are now within acceptable limits for protein analysis. (LCF-6159)
· Analysis Settings can now be printed after a restore to a previous version. (LCF-6158)
· Attempts to modify a .gxd file with Hex editor and save changes in CFR mode will be unsuccessful as original server file will be restored. (LCF-6140)
· RestoreDB now works when Run As Administrator. (LCF-6135)
· An unhandled error no longer displays when user clicks the Search button on the Audit Trial Window for an event category that does not have any events recorded. (LCF-6131)
· Corrected workflow in workspace when performing signature on a data file for which currently logged in user is denied access. (LCF-6130)
· Users denied permission for a folder will no longer able to read the data file in the folder by loading the workspace incorporated with the same data file. (LCF-6129)
· Conflicts resolved between plate type (384) in Replicates Tab and the actual plate selected for run assay. (LCF-6128)
· A list separator has been added to allow European customers to use the Sample Name Editor with Excel. (LCF-6127)
· Users will be blocked from overwriting the read-only default assays on the Assay Editor by right clicking on plate and selecting Export Assay, or by selecting Analysis Setting à Export Assay. (LCF-6126)
· Object reference error no longer displays in the workspace when searching the plates using Reviewer during a run in GX Touch. (LCF-6125)
· Restoring plate to an earlier version now gets saved to version history in non-CFR mode. (LCF-6123)
· The information logged in the version change details is now correct when the replicates are cleared and the plate is saved. (LCF-6122)
· Confirmation messages are now consistent when user performs signature operations. (LCF-6119)
· Typo corrected in the Save Plate warning message related to saving read only file. (LCF-6114)
· Import Assay button disabled while saving an assay already in the workspace. (LCF-6113)
· Results of Audit Trial Print Preview are now displayed in the proper order after sorting in Ascending or Descending order. (LCF-6104)
· Error handling is now properly implemented when performing different operations in Audit Trial if there is no network between reviewer and server. (LCF-6088)
· Data file signature icon now displays correctly in the CDR Manager when the user hides a locked data file and shows it again. (LCF-6083)
· An error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" no longer displays when trying to access Change Password menu if there is no network between reviewer and server. (LCF-6076)
· An unhandled error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name:source" no longer displays when trying to access CDR Folder Permission form if there is no network between reviewer and server. (LCF-6075)
· An error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" no longer displays when trying to access user administration form if there is no network between reviewer and server. (LCF-6074)
· CFR Mode Users are now able to load the assay file "HT Antibody Analysis 200 High Sensitivity.asy" into the workspace using the Assay Editor. (LCF-6063)
· The units of the size are now displayed fully when holding down the CTRL or Shift key and moving the cursor over the Egram, even when using Bold font. (LCF-5566)
· Typo error in the splash screen in CFR Mode. (LCF-6173)
· Data Error when entering analysis settings if the last row lacks any analyzable wells and if the last bracket ladder is missing. (LCF-6202)
· CDR sync failure when users save assay files with names differing only by case using Assay Editor/Assay Export. (LCF-6209)
· Wrong workflow when an Operator imports a data file into the workspace, locks the application, and then the application is unlocked using Administrator credentials. (LCF-6210)
· Message box displays in different colors in GX Reviewer (Microsoft® Windows 7 64-bit). (LCF-6211)
· GX Reviewer Installation issues on Microsoft® Windows 8.1 and higher: 1) user needs to manually skip installation of Framework 3.5, 2) Installation must be RunAsAdminstrator to ensure http ports permissions get set, 3) GxP option (CFR server) will not install correctly on OS beyond Win7 because MSQL2005 not supported on Win8.1 or Win10. (LCF-6212)
· A warning message "svn:Failed to add file" is displayed and the import fails when trying to load data files after remapping to old server. (LCF-6213)
· Win7 64 bit: Access DataBase installation problems during upgrade installation of GX5.1 on top of GX5.0. Reboot required. (LCF-6214)
· System reboots during installation of application over Office 2010 (LCF-6217). Installation succeeds on second attempt.
· DB not backed up if a non-admin user performs backup with UAC setting at Never Notify. (LCF-6818)
· Restore fails on even numbered attempts due to file locked. (LCF-6219)
· LabChip GX Reviewer supports LabChip GxP option and secure data storage. (LCF-6115)
· Lower Marker Height and Upper Marker Height properties added as optional properties in Well Table. (LCF-6023)
· Analysis now supports multiple wells of the same sample to eliminate noise peaks. Replicates Tab added to Assay Analysis Window to define sample wells that contain the same sample. The Excluded Peaks tab includes new options to exclude peaks that do not appear in either ANY or ALL replicates. (LCF-5824)
· Corrected Area threshold can now be used to exclude peaks from analysis. The Excluded Peaks tab in the Assay Analysis Window now includes an option to exclude peaks with an area below the specified threshold. (LCF-5811)
· Users can now control the display of data types, including time, area, height, and concentration. Select Tools à Modify Data Presentation to select the desired data options. (LCF-5809)
· The HT DNA 5K Ver2 assay has replaced the obsolete HT DNA 5K assay. (LCF-5805)
· A new search feature is available to search across plates for wells meeting specific criteria. The Search Data Files options on the Filter View enable searches across data files for wells meeting the conditions in the defined filters. (LCF-5804)
· Replicate averaging now available for titers. Titer tables containing wells with the same concentration now provide the option to average the normalized area of the wells to provide a single data point on the titer curve. (LCF-5800)
· Peak Table and Well Table now sort in Ascending/Descending/Original order when clicking the column headers. (LCF-5794)
· Select WellTable Columns window and Select PeakTable Columns window now show Selected Columns on the left side and Available Columns on the right side. (LCF-5792)
· Opening LabChip Reviewer by double-clicking a data file now displays LabChip Reviewer in the title bar. (LCF-5791)
· Import Assay button can be selected in the CDR Manager window when saving an assay with the LabChip GxP option installed. (LCF-6113)
· Copy on right-click menu does not work for CDR folder or Assay folder in CDR Manager window with the LabChip GxP option installed. (LCF-6112)
· Stopping a run during the Warming step generates a “Run successfully completed” event in the Audit Trail instead of “Run aborted by user” when the LabChip GxP option is installed. (LCF-6107)
· Printing the Audit Trail does not print the results in the sort order shown in the software when the LabChip GxP option is installed. (LCF-6104)
· File extension for assay files is not displayed as part of the assay file name in the Audit Trail when saving assay files with the LabChip GxP option installed. (LCF-6103)
· Search Data Files button in Filter View does not detect if network connection failure prevents connection to the CDR when the LabChip GxP option is installed. (LCF-6102)
· The Assay Editor window does not detect a lost network connection when the LabChip GxP option is installed. The error message displays “Access Denied. User lacks Edit Assay privilege.” (LCF-6101)
· The CDR Manager window does not detect when the network connection between LabChip GX Reviewer and the CDR/Database server is lost when the LabChip GxP option is installed. (LCF-6100)
· Drag and drop does not move files when multiple files are selected in the CDR Manager window with the LabChip GxP option installed. (LCF-6097)
· Audit Trail window does not display proper error messages if network connection to CDR is lost after opening the Audit Trail window. (LCF-6088)
· The CDR Manager window may display an incorrect lock status on the file icon if the file is hidden and then shown. Close the CDR Manager window and then reopen the window to display the correct icon. (LCF-6083)
· The Assay Editor window may display incorrect hidden/shown icons after collapsing and expanding folders. Toggle the Show/Hide button to display the correct icon. (LCF-6079)
· Opening a workspace after network connection is lost may generate an incorrect error message displaying ” Invalid Workspace file format. Error:Object reference not set an instance an object.” (LCF-6077)
· Selecting the Change Password menu item generates an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error if the network connection is lost. (LCF-6076)
· Selecting Security à CDR Folder Permission generates a “Value cannot be null” error if the connection to the CDR Server is lost. (LCF-6075)
· Selecting Security à User and System Administration generates an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error if the connection to the CDR Server is lost. (LCF-6074)
· The Audit Trail may not display the columns in the order specified in the Audit Trail Manage Columns window. (LCF-6059)
· Printing the Audit trail does not exclude columns excluded in the Audit Trail Manage Columns window. (LCF-6058)
· Unhandled exception occurs when saving an edited assay file if network connection is lost. (LCF-6044)
· Printing the Audit Trail Report does not include the Event Categories pie chart or the Severity pie chart. (LCF-5997)
· The Expand All button in the CDR Manager window expands only one level of folders within the selected folder. (LCF-5976)
· The Log Zipper utility is now included with LabChip GX Reviewer software. (LCF-5801)
Complete documentation is available in the LabChip GX Reviewer.chm HTML Help file (accessible by selecting Helpà LabChip GX Help in the software) or in the LabChip GX Reviewer User Manual.pdf.
Copyright (c) 2008 - 2018, PerkinElmer, Inc. All rights reserved.
Contact PerkinElmer Technical Support by phone, fax, or e-mail from 8AM to 8PM Eastern Standard Time.
Telephone (US Toll Free): 800-762-4000
Telephone (Worldwide): +1 203-925-4602
Fax: +1 203-944-4904
Internet Address: http://www.perkinelmer.com