As scientists try to answer increasingly complex biological questions, they need to conduct imaging experiments on a larger scale. But analyzing samples manually can be a long and difficult process , increasing the chance of producing biased data.
That’s why more scientific researchers are turning to high throughput biology, where automation meets cellular biology. And why they rely on the Operetta® High Content Imaging System, the superior solution for delivering it.
Stunning image quality. See all the possibilities.
- High numerical aperture objectives give exceptional images for higher quality data and reliable results
- Fast widefield imaging for routine applications
- Confocal imaging option for image quality without compromise for more reliable data in 2D and 3D. Use confocal imaging to eliminate background, improve signal-to-noise and to protect live cell samples by minimizing photobleaching and phototoxicity
- Unsupervised automated image acquisition and autofocus for reliable high content imaging from slides to multiple plates
- Low and high magnification plus a large field of view allows you to look at the whole well and choose an area of interest for detailed analysis
- Compatible with our range of imaging microplates for the best quality images
- Expert, global service and applications support from our dedicated team of lab- and field-based application specialists, plus an exclusive HCS support portal
1.) Mouse embryonic stem cell colonies after 3 days of culturing imaged on Operetta 2.) Mouse embryoid body imaged on Operetta 3.) HeLa cells expressing an anti-Lamin-Chromobody imaged on Operetta. 4.) Mouse embryonic stem cell colonies growing on a fibroblast feeder layer imaged on Operetta
Software in harmony with your research goals
- Easy to set up assays, automate experiments, analyze data and store, retrieve and present results, making it ideal for the multi-user, multi-departmental environment
- Intuitive Harmony® High Content Imaging and Analysis Software makes it easy for biologists to turn their biology into unbiased quantitative data
- NEW! Intuitive plate wizard for even easier set up of new plate types - automatically detects the important parameters plate bottom height and plate bottom thickness.
- Ready-made solutions for a range of common applications enable new users to get started with high content image analysis right away using the pre-configured sequences
- User-configurable image analysis building blocks for easy creation of customized high content analysis applications
- NEW! STAR analysis provides a more detailed analysis of cellular morphology to accurately differentiate cellular phenotypes with parameters that describe cellular symmetry and compactness as well as the intracellular distribution of fluorescence
- Texture analysis for applications where intensity and morphology are not suitable or do not deliver robust readout and reproducible results giving you a more complete picture of your biology
- Transfer and view data from any computer that has Harmony High Content Imaging and Analysis Software
- NEW & IMPROVED! PhenoLOGIC™ machine learning option enables you to teach the software to create optimized algorithms for your experiment, segmentation and cell classification easier
Watch the webinar and learn how the Operetta system and Harmony software can be used to quantify NF-kB signaling in living cells
Watch the STAR Morphology movie
Flexibility and ease for all your applications
- Suitable for a wide range of fixed and live cell applications - view our Operetta application notes and see for yourself
- Live cell chamber option to maintain environmental conditions (temperature, CO2) to protect your live cell samples
- Kinetic capabilities for carrying out time course experiments for a better understanding of cellular dynamics
- Integrates with our robotic automation platforms for a fully automated solution enables you to teach the software to create optimized algorithms for your experiment, making tailored image analysis easier