As scientists grapple with increasingly complex biological questions, they need to conduct larger, more complex imaging experiments. So they’re turning to the PerkinElmer Operetta® High Content Imaging System – the ideal solution for analyzing the inner workings of healthy and diseased cells.
Whether you are performing assay development, genome-wide siRNA, compound screens or looking at a few samples in great detail, and whether you are using 3D disease models, primary cells, stem cells, live or fixed cells, the Operetta High Content Imaging System delivers all the features you need to generate unbiased, statistically significant data to move your research forward.
And it’s so simple to use that even newcomers to high content imaging and high content analysis can be productive right away.
EnlargeOperetta High Content Imaging System gets you productive right away
See your research in stunning clarity
- Fast widefield imaging for routine applications
- True spinning disk confocal imaging option to eliminate background, and protect live cell samples by minimizing photobleaching and phototoxicity
- Spinning disk pinhole size optimized for good confocality across a wide range of objectives
- Equipped with 8 position dichroic wheel for maximum excitation flexibility
- Unsupervised automated image acquisition and autofocus for reliable high content imaging from slides to multiple plates
- Digital Phase contrast for imaging and segmentation of cells that have not been fluorescently labeled
- High numerical aperture objectives give exceptional images for higher quality data and more reliable results
- Low and high magnification plus a large field of view allows you to look at the whole well and choose an area of interest for detailed analysis
- Get better results from your Operetta system with our microplates for high content imaging, such as the CellCarrier™ Ultra 384-well microplates designed for optimal performance in high content imaging applications and our CellCarrier Spheroid ULA microplates for imaging 3D models.
- Expert, global service and applications support from our dedicated team of lab- and field-based application specialists, plus an exclusive HCS support portal
Enlarge1.) Mouse embryonic stem cell colonies imaged on Operetta 2.) HeLa cells tracked using Operetta’s digital phase contrast mode. 3) Mouse embryoid body imaged on Operetta 4.) Mouse embryonic stem cell colonies growing on a fibroblast feeder layer imaged on Operetta
Watch the webinar and learn how the Operetta system and Harmony software can be used to quantify NF-kB signaling in living cells
Watch the webinar to learn how single cell tracking on the Operetta system can be used to study processes such as cell migration and cell division
Watch the STAR Morphology movie
Flexibility and ease for all your applications
- Suitable for a wide range of fixed and live cell applications - view our Operetta application notes and see for yourself
- Live cell chamber option to maintain environmental conditions (temperature, CO2) to protect your live cell samples
- Kinetic capabilities for carrying out time course experiments for a better understanding of cellular dynamics
- Integrates with our robotic automation platforms for a fully automated solution.