As scientists grapple with increasingly complex biological questions, they need to conduct larger, more complex imaging experiments. So they’re turning to the PerkinElmer Operetta® High Content Imaging System – the ideal solution for analyzing the inner workings of healthy and diseased cells.
Whether you are performing assay development, genome-wide siRNA, compound screens or looking at a few samples in great detail, and whether you are using 3D disease models, primary cells, stem cells, live or fixed cells, the Operetta High Content Imaging System delivers all the features you need to generate unbiased, statistically significant data to move your research forward.
And it’s so simple to use that even newcomers to high content imaging and high content analysis can be productive right away.
EnlargeOperetta High Content Imaging System gets you productive right away
See your research in stunning clarity
- Fast widefield imaging for routine applications
- Confocal imaging option to eliminate background, improve signal-to-noise and protect live cell samples by minimizing photobleaching and phototoxicity
- Unsupervised automated image acquisition and autofocus for reliable high content imaging from slides to multiple plates
- NEW! Digital Phase contrast for imaging and segmentation of cells that have not been fluorescently labeled
- High numerical aperture objectives give exceptional images for higher quality data and more reliable results
- Low and high magnification plus a large field of view allows you to look at the whole well and choose an area of interest for detailed analysis
- Get better results from your Operetta system with our microplates for high content imaging, such as the CellCarrier™ Ultra 384-well microplates designed for optimal performance in high content imaging applications
- Expert, global service and applications support from our dedicated team of lab- and field-based application specialists, plus an exclusive HCS support portal
Enlarge1.) Mouse embryonic stem cell colonies imaged on Operetta 2.) HeLa cells tracked using Operetta’s digital phase contrast mode. 3) Mouse embryoid body imaged on Operetta 4.) Mouse embryonic stem cell colonies growing on a fibroblast feeder layer imaged on Operetta
Say Hello to Harmony and Goodbye to Bias
- Intuitive Harmony® High Content Imaging and Analysis Software makes it easy for biologists to turn their biology into unbiased quantitative data
- Easily set up assays, automate experiments, analyze data and store, retrieve and present results
- Intuitive plate wizard for even simpler set up of new plate types - automatically detects the important parameters plate bottom height and plate bottom thickness.
- Analysis templates for a range of common applications get new users productive with high content analysis right away
- User-configurable image analysis building blocks for easy creation of customized high content analysis applications
- STAR analysis provides a more detailed analysis of cellular morphology for accurate differentiation of cellular phenotypes
- Texture analysis for applications where intensity and morphology are not suitable or do not deliver robust readout and reproducible results
- Transfer and view data from any computer that has an installation of the Harmony software
- PhenoLOGIC™ machine learning option enables you to teach the software to create optimized algorithms for your experiment, segmentation and cell classification
- NEW! Cell tracking lets you see temporal changes of biological systems and study cell dynamics in 2D
Watch the webinar and learn how the Operetta system and Harmony software can be used to quantify NF-kB signaling in living cells
Watch the webinar to learn how single cell tracking on the Operetta system can be used to study processes such as cell migration and cell division
Watch the STAR Morphology movie
Flexibility and ease for all your applications
- Suitable for a wide range of fixed and live cell applications - view our Operetta application notes and see for yourself
- Live cell chamber option to maintain environmental conditions (temperature, CO2) to protect your live cell samples
- Kinetic capabilities for carrying out time course experiments for a better understanding of cellular dynamics
- Integrates with our robotic automation platforms for a fully automated solution.