PerkinElmer's Opera® High Content Screening System continues to be the world's most proven confocal microplate imaging solution for high throughput High Content Screening. Having served high content screeners for over 10 years, the Opera system has now been replaced by the new Opera Phenix™ High Content Screening System. Opera Phenix provides more speed and sensitivity than ever with its unique, crosstalk-minimizing Synchrony™ Optics, making it ideal for phenotypic screening and working with complex disease models.
Learn more about Opera Phenix
Known for its speed and breathtaking image quality, the Opera system now benefits from researcher-friendly analysis software that helps you turn image data into statistically relevant information more quickly than ever before. Versatile, scalable and easily automatable, the system is well-suited for both primary and secondary screening campaigns.
Ultra-fast image acquisition and powerful data processing capabilities translate into immediate results. Combine simultaneous and sequential imaging, acquire and analyze at the same time, and visualize data during acquisition.
- Ultra-high speed, parallel multi-color data acquisition
- High speed online image analysis powered by parallel computing and multi-core processors
- Online image analysis capability
- High throughput capability—over 100,000 image sets per day
- Integrates seamlessly with PerkinElmer automation solutions for fully automated workflows with the cell::explorer™ Automation Platform and true 24/7 operation
- Integrates with third party automation solutions, including plate handling, liquid handling, compound transfer, plate storage, incubation and washing
Highest quality data
Exceptional image quality even at highest speed for more reliable data and more confidence in your results.
- True point-scan confocality using laser-based excitation and a microlens-enhanced Nipkow spinning disc:
- Eliminates background fluorescence
- Significantly improves signal-to-noise performance
- Minimizes photobleaching and phototoxicity for live cell assays
- Enables homogeneous assays
- Proprietary, fully automated high NA water immersion objectives for the highest resolution for studying subcellular features
- Multiparameter, simultaneous four-color detection
- NEW! Brightfield capability with digital phase contrast for imaging and segmentation of cells that have not been fluorescently labeled, and protection of delicate live cells
- NEW! Low magnification objective (4X air) for scanning entire wells with just a few images.
Discover how scientists are using the Opera system to study cancer cells
Supports the complete spectrum of HCS applications, from the simplest to the most sophisticated. Tailor a system that's exactly right for the needs of your lab, and easily reconfigure to meet changing requirements.
- Ideal for both fixed and live cell applications
- Capture very fast and very long kinetic measurements—from seconds (e.g. Calcium Flux assays) to days (e.g. Cell Cycle assays)
- Analyze cells by shape, size, behavior and texture
- On-board dispensing for kinetic assays that require compound addition and mixing
- Environmental Control Unit precisely regulates temperature, humidity and CO2
Shorten the path to understanding with powerful software
Rapid online image data processing and thoroughly flexible analysis for all high content cellular applications, including multi-parametric multiplex assays with Opera's updated Acapella® High Content Imaging and Analysis Software.
- Ready-made Acapella Script Collection – a set of pre-tested scripts that you can modify or combine to meet the needs of your experiment
- For power users, the software's open architecture provides full versatility to create specialized algorithms and advanced assays for demanding, cutting-edge applications
- Export results automatically or in batches for further analysis in the Columbus™ Image Data Management and Analysis System
- Export results to third party platforms such as Accelrys Pipeline Pilot,® IDBS ActivityBase™ XE and Genedata Screener®
- NEW! Assay-centric Ready-made Building Block Solutions enable non-programmers to perform image analysis
- NEW! PhenoLOGIC™ machine-learning plug-in enables you to teach the software to create optimized algorithms for your experiment, making tailored image analysis easier
Find out how scientists are using the Opera system to analyze GPCR trafficking
Whichever assay you are working on, the Opera system offers a solution: