Scientists doing high content screening generate massive amounts of image data that need to be accessed quickly, analyzed and re-analyzed, shared with colleagues and stored safely. Until now exploring that data has been difficult and limiting. With the trend towards using more complex, physiologically relevant disease models, more sophisticated tools are required to numerically describe cells and their phenotypes comprehensively.
The Columbus™ system is a unique, universal high-volume image data storage and analysis system that brings access to images from a wide range of sources including all major high content screening instruments via the Internet.
A powerful new way to access, store and explore
Watch the STAR Morphology movie
- Import images from any major high content imaging instrument (e.g. PerkinElmer Opera Phenix™, Opera® and Operetta®, BD Pathway, GE® IN Cell, Thermo Scientific® ArrayScan®, Yokogawa® Cell Voyager) for a single solution for data storage and analysis
- Allow everyone in the lab to access, visualize and analyze image data from anywhere, regardless of the client operating system and without software installation
- Generate statistically-significant, quantitative and multi-parametric data from your cell images for robust results
- Get started without extensive training – browse and explore your data using the intuitive user interface
- Utilize ready-made segmentation routines and feature extraction algorithms, such as STAR morphology, to perform sophisticated analysis with ease
Image Analysis for Phenotypic Screening
- Analyze all your high content imaging data using the Columbus system for consistency of analysis and better quality results
- Includes powerful yet easy-to-use image analysis and secondary analysis capabilities designed for researchers, not image analysis experts
- Measure complex and subtle phenotypic responses by extracting the properties that describe the unique cellular fingerprint
- Analyze images at your desktop
- Compare multiple samples, plates or batches to quality check your results
- Relate results to concentrations with dose response curves
- Kinetic measurement capabilities enable you to measure time-resolved data and track cells to reveal changes in cell properties and provide information on cell movement
- Analyze new images or re-analyze images from past experiments using our building blocks which encapsulate our many years of experience in high content analysis
- PhenoLOGIC™ machine-learning technology allows you to easily create customized algorithms using a simple point-and-click approach
- NEW! Access your Columbus results directly in High Content Profiler™, powered by TIBCO Spotfire®, and perform screening data analysis and validation, QC analyses, calculate reliable normalization, perform multivariate hit stratification and drug response profiling
Watch the Columbus image segmentation movie
Watch the Columbus secondary analysis movie and see how simple it is to calculate Z' values
EnlargeThe Columbus system has powerful image analysis capabilities with highly flexible and easy to use building blocks to analyze simple and complex phenotypes of cells.
Overview of a well generated by the Columbus system