Over the past several years, rapid advances have been made in the elucidation of basic epigenetic mechanisms such as histone acetylation, histone methylation, and DNA methylation. With these advances has also come an understanding of the critical role epigenetic modifications play in the incidence and progression of human disease. Not surprisingly, there has been increased focus on the identification of clinical treatments for aberrant epigenetic states, but with the promise of potential therapeutics comes the need for effective tools to investigate these complex signaling and modification events in a variety of contexts. PerkinElmer now offers a suite of enabling reagents and technologies to help further unravel the complex biology of epigenetics – shortening assay development time and accelerating drug discovery for key epigenetic targets.
- Direct quantitation of histone lysine methyltransferase activity and histone lysine demethylase activity
- Detection of full-length protein:protein interactions for readers of histone code
- Rapid testing of probe libraries for proteins involved in epigenetic regulation
- Kinase activity and pathway signaling
Reagent Assays and Technologies
AlphaLISA for Epigenetics Research
Highly sensitive no wash detection for measuring peptide and protein modification by epigenetic enzymes.
LANCE® TR-FRET Epigenetics Reagents
Consistent, validated solutions for your most demanding epigenetics applications.
Methylation Assays, Acetylation Assays, and Scintillation Proximity Assays are available. These methods are highly sensitive, do not disrupt the biology of the reaction, require minimal substrate amounts, saving you time and money.
3H-SAM Methylation Assays
Scintillation Proximity Assays
DELFIA TRF Reagents
For detection of epigenetic marks in fixed cell assays, DELFIA TRF Reagents are the natural choice for dealing with difficult samples.
- AlphaLISA assays - Detect methylation or acetylation states of purified peptide or full-length histone proteins. Optimized and validated for screening. Outstanding sensitivity and selectivity.
- LANCE® Ultra TR-FRET - Detect methylation or acetylation states of peptide histone proteins. Optimized and validated for screening. Differentiate between monomethyl lysine, dimethyl lysine, and trimethyl lysine.
- 3H-SAM methylation assay - adenosyl-L-methionine, S-[methyl-3H] - can be used generically regardless of the methyltransferase substrate.
- SPA (scintillation proximity assay) - Format your assays with SPA to enable your radiometric assay for speed, sensitivity and versatility with no separation steps.
- DELFIA® TRF reagents - is the natural choice for dealing with difficult samples. With detection based on time-resolved fluorescence (TRF), it has been proven for detection of epigenetic marks in fixed cell assays. Additionally, it is well suited for adapting ELISA assays where rare biological events need to be detected in complex matrices.
Target Areas of Study
- Stem cells
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Metabolic diseases