Corporate Fact Sheet
Every Day We Make a Difference
Backed by an outstanding team of 8,000 employees and located in over 150 countries across the world, PerkinElmer is a $2.3 billion global technology leader focused on making a difference to improve human and environmental health.
Every day, our innovations help customers unlock critical insights that make impacts. We understand their business and scientific challenges, and deliver products and services when, where and how they need them. By leveraging the combined power of our innovative detection, imaging, informatics and service capabilities, along with our knowledge and expertise, we help them that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. Our solutions enable earlier detection and diagnosis of disease, more effective therapeutics and treatments, cleaner air and drinking water, and safer food – positively impacting the quality and longevity of life.
As developed economies face ever-rising healthcare costs and expectations for improved outcomes, PerkinElmer is uniquely able to combine complementary solutions in diagnostics and life science research to help people live longer, have healthier lives and reduce costs.
- More effective medicines: Our technologies and expertise were instrumental in the development of 22 of the newest therapeutic drugs.
- Better treatments: Our advances in digital imaging technology are improving cancer treatment for over 1 million people every year.
- Healthier babies: Our neonatal and newborn screening technologies have helped screen over 520 million babies worldwide to date for a variety of life-threatening diseases.
PerkinElmer accelerates scientists’ ability on the front lines to detect, monitor and manage contaminants and toxic chemicals impacting our environment and food supply, while helping to ensure safety and compliance issues are addressed and people are protected.
- A cleaner and safer environment: Each year, our detection solutions are used to analyze approximately 2.25 billion air, water and soil samples - reducing the risk of contaminants.
- Rapid analysis: We are a market leading provider of analytical techniques including inorganic, molecular spectroscopy, thermal analysis and gas chromatography, for faster and more accurate analysis of food and pharmaceutical samples.
- Safer food: Food manufacturers use our systems to detect or screen for important factors such as ingredient adulteration and food safety and quality, helping food processors protect customers and the integrity of their brands.
940 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451
150 countries across the world