The TopCount Microplate Scintillation and Luminescence Counter is
capable of counting a variety of beta and gamma labeled samples
using either liquid or solid scintillators. The time-resolved
scintillation counting technique using single PMTs may also be
optimized to provide either maximum counting efficiency or maximum
sensitivity (maximized efficiency/background).
The TopCount and TopCount NXT can be used to quantitate samples
labeled with 33P. Features such as RegionView and multichannel
analysis can be used to optimize instrument set-up parameters for
this radionuclide to produce high counting efficiencies, excellent
pulse height distribution and dynamic range, as well as low
background and crosstalk. 33P is being used increasingly as an
alternative to 32P.
The TopCount is well suited for high throughput SPA analysis.
TopCount uses standard format 96-well (8 x 12) rigid
PicoPlates™, in which samples can be prepared by a number of
commercially available robotic devices. These PicoPlate wells hold
up to 400 μL and are highly reflective to maximize counting
efficiency. The plates are opaque, so there is virtually no
well-to-well crosstalk. A 24-well (4 x 6) PicoPlate is also
available for applications which require sample volumes up to 1.5
TOPCOUNT-HTS,12 DET, 96/384 MICROPLATE SCINTILLATION &
LUMINESCENCE COUNTER All basic Systems include the following:
NOTE: To complete a HTS TopCount order, you will need a cooling
unit, a printer, a monitor, and two 40 plate stacker cassettes and
- Counts 12-wells simultaneously for radioactivity in 96- or
- Counts two wells simultaneously for luminescence
- Patented single PMT technology
- The minimum computer configuration is: IBM compatible Pentium
III processor, 750 MHz, 256 MB RAM, .=/> 40 GB hard disk 3.5"
1.44 MB floppy, standard size CD R/W, parallel printer port, RS-232
input/output port; 2 USB ports
- Windows XP professional-based TopCount software
- Assay "Wizard" for quick assay setup
- Built-in Database with automatic data storage and
user-selectable recall of previously counted sample plates
- True multitasking allows TopCount operation while using
spreadsheets and other software programs
- Easy access front loading plate changer -plate and assay bar
code label reader
- Isothermal plate counting chamber
- User-selectable high sensitivity, normal and high efficiency
count modes -100-user/assay capability
- Automatic System Calibration -assay-specific System
Normalization -assay-specific background subtraction
- Nuclide library with user edit feature
- Real Time Display of entire microplate
- On-screen, random-access editing
- On-screen plate mapping
- Unattended, automatic data processing
- Data archiving for later Processing
- Two simultaneous counting regions
- Transformed Spectral Index of the Sample (tSIS) for single
- Context-specific, hot Spot Help screens
- On-line Operation manual
- User-selectable microplate matrix or columnar printer output
- Half-life correction to any Time & date
- Data storage to bar code named files
- Operation manual
PerkinElmer recognizes the importance of proper training to ensure that our customers benefit fully from the capabilities of our instruments.Our Training Academy offers many training options; such as web based training, classroom or customized courses, to help you get the most out of your time in the lab.
Topics range from theory to techniques relating to specific methodology, optimization, and familiarization with instrumentation and related software. Courses are offered at various locations throughout the Americas, as well as Seer Green, England and Turku, Finland.
Learn more about training.
Services & Support
With more than 1,300 service engineers, PerkinElmer provides service and support for instruments worldwide. In addition, our OneSource multivendor service engineers offer instrument repair, maintenance and regulatory compliance services for instruments from virtually any manufacturer.