WIZARD2 counters feature technology to optimize your gamma counting Unique well-type detectors and sample changer system, advanced robotics, and highly effective lead shielding result in superior counting efficiency, consistent background and minimal crosstalk. A Windows® operating system with touch screen for easy and fast instrument operation of routine tasks makes WIZARD2 the most user-friendly gamma counter on the market. The instrument is also designed for use in clinical laboratories and is 21 CFR Part 11 compatible to support pharmaceutical industry requirements.
- Multichannel analyzer (MCA) technology-WIZARD2 incorporates a high resolution 2,000-channel multichannel analyzer dedicated to each detector. Resolution leads to accuracy, which is critical in multilabel applications.
- Flexible counting volumes-2470 WIZARD2 10-position racks accept a wide range of tubes up to 13 mm (0.5 in) in diameter, including standard 3 mL tubes. With 2480 WIZARD2, tubes up to 28 mm (1.1 in) in diameter can also be used. Typically these tubes have a volume of 20 mL. A wide range of centrifuge tubes is also suitable.
- LAN connectivity and USB bus-makes networking and data transfer easy.
- Touch screen is used for daily routine work.
- Efficient data analysis software is part of the standard instrument package. Perform concentration analysis and obtain data in CPM, CPS, DPM or Becquerel units.
- Quality control analyzer allows follow up of different assay parameters in Levey-Jennings plots, histograms and lists.
- 'STAT' counting-process STAT samples without touching the racks in the conveyor.
- Sample holders-allow easy changing of individual sample holders if needed. This eliminates a common source of detector contamination in other counters.
- Barcodes for protocols, multi-function and positive rack ID-WIZARD2 uses a barcode system for both counter control and rack ID. Additionally, the ID clip has two labels; one for protocol call-up and the other for rack ID number or to call up special functions.
- Built-in isotope library-automatically adjusts window settings and half-lives for pre-programmed isotopes. New isotopes can also be added to the library manually.
- Live spectrum display-select and view the counting spectrum of any detector on the spectrum screen. Spectra can be zoomed to get better resolution for the image.
- Automatic normalization-all corrections (such as spillover, background and efficiency) are calculated automatically by a normalization cassette for each defined isotope. Results are automatically corrected for decay, to a user-specified date or time, or to the start of the assay. Once a nuclide has been normalized, it can be linked to single or multilabel protocols without further need for normalization.
- Library-directed dynamic normalization-WIZARD2 counters employ dynamic normalization to eliminate the effects of detector imbalance. This also compensates for any drift in the performance of detectors, which may be caused by aging or environmental instability. Dynamic normalization adjusts windows each time it measures a sample.
- Instrument quality control is done by Instrument Performance Assessment (IPA™)-WIZARD2 monitors nine detector parameters and provides their documentation automatically.
- 21 CFR Part 11 compatibility is supported for all WIZARD2 models.
- WIZARD2 instruments are manufactured according to ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 quality management systems.
Well-type detectors deliver superior counting performance. Well-type NaI (Tl) detectors collect signal from all around the sample, rather than just from the sides, providing the best counting efficiency possible. Instruments that use the through-hole detector are very dependent on sample position and volume. With the detector design employed in WIZARD2, the effect of sample position and volume is minimal, which is a great advantage.
Effective lead shielding means constant background and minimal crosstalk. In a universal gamma counter, the lead shielding around the detector is another important factor in determining the performance of the instrument. WIZARD2 counters have no open elevator passages through which interfering radiation can pass to the detector. The 2480 WIZARD2 has 75 mm (3.0 in), and each detector in the 2470 WIZARD2 has 30 mm (1.2 in) of solid lead against the samples in the conveyor. The 2470 and 2480 WIZARD2 detector assemblies are also covered by lead shielding, of thickness 12 mm (0.5 in) and 50 mm (2.0 in) respectively. As a result, WIZARD2 counters surpass all others in background and crosstalk reduction.
Sample transfer from racks to measurement position employs a sophisticated robotic sample changer.
WIZARD2 counters are designed with a unique sample changer system that enables lifting of samples to welltype detectors from a conveyor. The conveyor with the rest of the samples always remains hidden behind the lead shielding.
Instrument Performance Assessment supports laboratory quality control systems
PerkinElmer offers Instrument Performance Assessment (IPA) features for routine quality control tasks. WIZARD2 assures the reliability of results in several ways: WIZARD2 has an auto-diagnosing feature that inspects the isotope spectrum each time a sample is measured. It immediately warns of any condition that generates an unexpected result. WIZARD2 has an IPA system which automatically monitors a number of parameters on each detector and provides documentation on those parameters.
Touch screen allows easy control of instrument parameters and protocol set up
WIZARD2 is designed to be simple to use in your daily operations. After your protocols are initially set up, all that is left to do is to load your samples onto the conveyor and press the START button. Results are calculated in the internal Windows® software and QC files are updated automatically.
WIZARD2 Data Analyzer makes data analysis easy
Data analysis with WIZARD2 instruments is done with WIZARD2 Data Analyzer software. The program is based on software that is widely used in clinical diagnostics but is also well-suited for any gamma counting studies.
The Result Viewer provides customized data viewing
Data obtained using the WIZARD2 Data Analyzer Software will be exported into Result Viewer. Result Viewer allows data editing, and once accepted by the user, data will be exported to a user-selectable location.
2470 WIZARD2-for basic research and routine counting applications
- Choice of models: available with 1, 2, 5 or 10 detectors with 550 sample capacity and 5 and 10 detectors with 1,000 sample capacity.
- Compact footprint: the 550-sample WIZARD2 is the smallest automatic 10-detector gamma counter available. Its 65 x 77 cm (25.6 x 30.3 in) footprint will help you make the most of your lab space.
- Counts manually: WIZARD2 can be converted into a manual multidetector counter with a single command. In manual mode, sample volumes up to 5 mL, such as LSC minivials, can be measured or flow cell determinations made.
- Samples always visible to user: with 2470 WIZARD2, samples are never out of your sight. All parts of the counter are very easy to access.
- Ideal for key gamma emitters: an energy range up to 1,000 keV allows studies involving various nuclides.
- Isotope library:contains information for 45 radionuclides.
2480 WIZARD2-for more sophisticated research applications
- One model for all special application needs-1,000- and 270-sample capacity of 13 mm (0.5 in) and 28 mm (1.1 in) vial diameters, respectively.
- High efficiency, 3" well-type detector-delivers improved counting efficiency, extended energy range and better energy resolution.
- Excellent background reduction-efficient lead shielding and a unique sample changer design virtually eliminates crosstalk from samples on the conveyer. The 2480 WIZARD2 is the leading gamma counter for both background and crosstalk reduction.
- Ideal for high energy or low activity samples-with its high-efficiency detector, the ability to count sample volumes up to 20 mL, and effective lead shielding, the 2480 WIZARD2 is particularly suitable for high energy gamma emitters, low activity samples, environmental samples, or Shilling tests.
- Ideal for all gamma emitters-broad energy range (up to 2,000 keV) allows studies of various nuclides.
- Isotope library contains information for 51 radionuclides.