Setting up reactions is a very common task in next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation as well as other genomics protocols. The JANUS® Automated Workstation provides a flexible platform to support a wide array of reaction setup scenarios, including ligations, PCR, RT-QPCR reactions, and SNP analyses. JANUS can easily automate the creation and distribution of master mixes for fast and accurate reaction setups throughout your NGS library prep workflow.
JANUS Automated workstations utilize several key liquid handling technologies to accurately and efficiently perform reaction setup:
- The VariSpan arm easily transfers liquids among tubes and microplates to create and dispense master mixes with high precision and no sample carry-over
- The 96-tip MDT arm provides higher throughput in PCR plate formats, for setting up many reactions in parallel
- WinPREP software and protocols can calculate volumes of master mix components to enable efficient use of reagents
- Integrated accessories such as heating/cooling tiles and plate sealers can be controlled for optimal performance
Get the benefits:
- Reduced risk of errors from calculations and pipetting
- Flexibility to accommodate dozens to hundreds of samples
- Less hands-on time for routine tasks
- Versatility to perform a variety of NGS-related protocols including DNA isolation, quantitation, normalization and PCR setup on the same workstation
Contact us to learn more.