Scientists doing high content screening generate massive amounts of image data that need to be accessed quickly, analyzed and re-analyzed, shared with colleagues and stored safely. Until now exploring that data has been difficult and limiting.
The Columbus™ system is the first universal high-volume image data storage and analysis system that brings fast, secure access to images from a wide range of sources via the Internet.
It's one of the most flexible, scalable, cost-effective solutions for high-volume image data storage and analysis commercially available today. There are licensing options to meet your lab’s needs.
A powerful new way to access, store and explore
Watch the STAR Morphology movie
- Import images from any major high content imaging instrument (e.g. PerkinElmer Opera® and Operetta®, BD Pathway, GE® IN Cell, Thermo Scientific® ArrayScan®, Yokogawa® Cell Voyager) for a single solution for data storage and analysis
- Allow everyone in the lab to access, visualize and analyze image data from anywhere, regardless of the client operating system and without software installation
- Get started without extensive training – browse and explore your data using the intuitive user interface
- Numerically express the differences between cell intensity, morphology and even features you don’t see, such as texture
High-speed image analysis
- Analyze all your high content imaging data using the Columbus system for consistency of analysis and better quality results
- Includes powerful yet easy-to-use image analysis and secondary analysis capabilities designed for researchers, not image analysis experts
- Analyze images at your desktop
- Compare multiple samples, plates or batches to quality check your results
- Relate results to concentrations with dose response curves
- NEW! Kinetic measurement capabilities enable you to measure time-resolved data and track cells to reveal changes in cell properties and provide information on cell movement
- Analyze new images or re-analyze images from past experiments using our building blocks which encapsulate our many years of experience in high content analysis
- PhenoLOGIC™ machine-learning technology allows you to easily create customized algorithms using a simple point-and-click approach
- NEW! Export your results to TIBCO Spotfire® platform, our industry-leading visualization and analysis solution, for further analysis with capabilities including dynamic multi-dimensional plots, normalization and correction, clustering analysis, and flow cytometry-like gating and filtering
Watch the Columbus image segmentation movie
Watch the Columbus secondary analysis movie and see how simple it is to calculate Z' values
EnlargeThe Columbus system has powerful image analysis capabilities with highly flexible and easy to use building blocks to analyze simple and complex phenotypes of cells.
Overview of a well generated by the Columbus system