Improved Asset Lifecycle Management and Measurable Cost Savings
Not surprisingly, large laboratories with more than 25 - 50 scientific assets or components often find it challenging to keep track of their exact operational status and location. This frequently translates into issues that can reduce efficiency and increase operating costs in the following ways:
- Replacement of systems or components that are lost or in storage
- Labor intensive audits or asset inventory reviews to comply with GAAP regulations
- Limited or no visibility into asset operational status
- Inefficient service provider dispatch
An Automated Asset Tracking and Monitoring solution from OneSource Laboratory Services eliminates these challenges by providing real-time visibility into asset location and operational status.
Furthermore, when combined with our service event management metrics and reporting solutions, OneSource can provide you with the tools you need to control costs and ensure your laboratory is running at peak performance.
Automated RFID Asset Tracking
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) has revolutionized the way scientific equipment and high value IT hardware (computers, drives, etc.) is tracked.
Our solution consists of three components:
- RFID Asset Tags - Intelligent, wireless tags that come in a variety of sizes and formats for easy installation on a wide number of scientific assets and components
- RFID Readers - Instantly determines the location of key assets by decoding the radio transmission of the RFID asset tag. Readers are available in both traditional fixed-location variants that transmit asset location data via Ethernet and mobile versions that transmit data via Bluetooth.
- Asset Management Software - Asset tracking data securely accessible from any web enabled device. Asset data is aggregated on a single server and our software provides access to it, on a single asset to entire zone level, through an easy to use graphical user interface.
Automated Environmental Monitoring
In addition to asset tracking, we also offer asset sensors that are designed to help you protect precious samples and compounds by actively monitoring temperature and humidity. Our Environmental Monitoring Sensors act on the same principles as our RFID Asset Tags and are 100% compatible with our asset management software, giving you one laboratory data management solution for both your tracking and monitoring needs.
Summary of Benefits
- 100% accurate, real-time location and environmental monitoring
- The end of overprovisioning - maintain an inventory based on exactly what you need, not what you think you need.
- Better laboratory lifecycle management
- Greater compliance control and efficiency
- Seamless integration with all OneSource service activities
- Enhanced asset security