- One of the most unique and useful features of the DMA 8000 is its rotating analysis head, which can be oriented through a full 180° for optimal analysis head configuration for virtually any test type and sample geometry.
- The novel lightweight analytical train incorporated in the DMA 8000 has minimal compliance for enhanced performance.
- In addition to operation in dynamic mode, the DMA 8000 permits operation in a "Constant force (TMA) mode" vs. time or temperature. Applications such as expansion coefficient, softening and penetration, or extension or contraction in tension geometry provide valuable data equivalent to many commercial stand-alone TMA instruments.
- The DMA 8000 is using an ultra-efficient cooling system. The instrument can cool to - 190 ºC in 15 minutes using less than 1 liter of liquid nitrogen, providing industry-leading performance.
- The DMA 8000 environmental fluid bath option has been designed as an integral part of the analyzer. The accessory allows true immersion studies on a sample while measuring the dynamic mechanical properties.
- The Humidity Generator and Controller is a powerful and flexible option, which delivers the capability to apply and accurately control relative humidity to the sample environment in the DMA 8000.
- The standard furnace of the DMA 8000 is configured with a quartz window, which allows visual inspection of the sample and clamping system throughout the experiment without interrupting the temperature profile or other experimental conditions.
- Our Material Pockets are a unique sample preparation tool specifically designed to work with the DMA 8000. These innovative pockets allow powdered or non-self supported materials, such as powdered drugs, gels, natural products like tea, coffee, herbs, etc. and low viscosity materials to be investigated by DMA.
PerkinElmer recognizes the importance of proper training to ensure that our customers benefit fully from the capabilities of our instruments.Our Training Academy offers many training options; such as web based training, classroom or customized courses, to help you get the most out of your time in the lab.
Topics range from theory to techniques relating to specific methodology, optimization, and familiarization with instrumentation and related software. Courses are offered at various locations throughout the Americas, as well as Seer Green, England and Turku, Finland.
View our Customer Training Class Offerings (PDF)
Learn more about training.