The 307 Sample Oxidizer is an automatic preparation and
oxidization system for both single and dual radiolabeled samples
containing 3H and/or 14C for use in liquid
scintillation counting. The 307 Sample Oxidizer ensures reliable
combustion of biological, environmental and industrial samples.
This system includes the following standard features and
- Single "push button" operation initiates automatic cycle,
positioning of vials and ignition basket, non-catalytic combustion,
dispensing of scintillation cocktails and carbon dioxide trapping
agent, and system cleaning.
- Physical separation of 3H and 14C
radionuclides from dual labeled sample material for ease of sample
- Minimizes optical and chemical quenching. Reduces
chemiluminescence in most sample preparations, increases
statistical accuracy of liquid scintillation counting results.
- Observation of combustion allows for visual inspection during
- Complete combustion of liquid, wet or dry sample eliminates the
need for chemical solubilization.
- Ensures maximum radionuclide recovery for 14C with
sample size equivalent up to 40 millimoles of carbon dioxide and up
to 85 millimoles of water for samples containing 3H (up
to 1.5 grams).
- Radionuclide recovery for both 3H and 14C
of >97% maximizes radionuclide separation for single label
analysis using liquid scintillation counting techniques and an
efficiency quench correlation curve for each radionuclide.
- Radionuclide memory of less than 0.08% for most 3H
and 14C labeled sample materials.
- Non-catalytic combustion eliminates catalyst usage, cost and
- Accommodates 20 mL glass or low cost polyethylene vials.
- Capacity to process up to 60 samples per hour for each
- Unique design bellows-type reagent metering pumps.
- Pumps adjustable from 0 to 18 milliliters, automatically
dispense accurate volumes of both 3H and 14C
scintillation cocktails and carbon dioxide trapping agent.
- Long life, removable platinum ignition basket.
- Non-pressurized reagent storage tank capacity of five liters
for each reagent allows up to 500 sample combustions between
- Ambient temperature trapping of water and carbon dioxide
provides safe and clean operation.
- Accessory kit with spare parts; included are additional
O-rings, glass combustion flask, wrench, seals, and assorted small
- A pressurized five liter, distilled water reservoir is provided
for the automatic cleaning, steam injection, and pre-coating of the
3H exchange column.
- The distilled water reservoir has a vent valve for
depressurizing the tank when the system is turned off, or when
checking the distilled water level with the dipstick.
- The system has built-in pressure regulators and filters for
nitrogen, oxygen, and water.
- A specially constructed reaction column eliminates loss of
carbon dioxide absorber.
- A "reset button" to reset the combustion timer prior to
"restart" of the program while the sample is still burning.
- "Override" button to cut off excessive combustion time after
combustion has been completed.
- A "backpressure" indication gauge to monitor pressure in the
trapping device during combustion.
- A "Test/Run" toggle valve. In the "Test" mode the entire system
will be checked for leak tightness. Normal operation is in the