Human Growth Hormone (GH, GHN or GH1) is the major regulator of postnatal growth, having somatogenic, metabolic and differentiative effects on its target cells and tissues. It is a 22 kDa protein (191 amino acids) belonging to a family of cytokine peptides, and is produced and secreted by acidophilic or somatotropic cells of the anterior pituitary gland. GH binds to its cognate transmembrane receptor (GHR), and signals through the activation of JAKs, STATs, AKT and ERK. It exerts many of its effects by stimulation of IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor I) production in liver and peripheral tissues. Human GH can also be detected in urine, a finding that could be helpful in diagnosing certain GH deficiencies.
This kit is designed for the quantitative determination of human GH in serum, buffered solution or cell culture medium using a homogeneous AlphaLISA assay (no wash steps).
In AlphaLISA immunoassay buffer:
- Lower detection limit (LDL): 5.3 pg/mL
- Dynamic range: 5.3-100,000 pg/mL
Sensitivity can be increased by increasing the volume of analyte in the assay.
In analyte-depleted serum:
- Lower detection limit (LDL): 13.4 pg/mL
- Dynamic range: 13.4-100,000 pg/mL
For research use only.
The data was generated using a white OptiPlate-384 microplate and an EnVision-Alpha Reader 2102.
Each Kit Contains:
- AlphaLISA Acceptor beads coated with Anti-Analyte Antibody #1
- Streptavidin-coated Donor beads
- Biotinylated Anti-Analyte Antibody #2
- Lyophilized analyte
- AlphaLISA Immunoassay Buffer (10X).
Buffer and lyophilized analyte can be ordered separately.